Friday, August 16, 2013

MY ENLIGHTENMENT


ABUSE HIDDEN BEHIND THE BADGE
AND
Abuso Escondido Detras De La Placa

It’s been an amazing enlightenment since I decided to write and tell my story of abuse by a Philadelphia Police Officer and a Pennsylvania State Trooper.  I have been attacked, criticized and judged by some, not all.  It has amazed be that this sort of abuse continues for many SURVIVORS.

I've had old buddies of my ex calling me bitter, vindictive, evil, yes I was called a bitch but then I have been contacted by other Police Officers within the Philadelphia Police Department, sharing with me how they remember what happened to me, how my ex was being investigated by Internal Affairs and how it was squashed.  Just having confirmation by those who knew of the abuse I suffered and who many continue to suffer. 

The Philadelphia Police Department and the Pennsylvania State Department and our Pennsylvania courts have left me with some very deep sad memories of mistrust.  No matter how you tried to break my spirit I stood strong. 

I am a proud Latina Woman who refused to stay silent.  I want to thank those who have been there for me and many who could not come forward because out of fear of retaliation, believe I understand.

The struggle continues for many who are afraid of speaking out against their abuser!  To my sister’s out there, I was just recently speaking to my wonderful friend Deon and I had a flash back, for years I would cry when my husband felt he was loving me, for years I thought giving of myself was the way to gain a man’s love.  NO!  I learned to love and respect me and I want you to do the same for yourself, you are all Queen of God.

Much love and respect,

Be blessed!
Rosaura Torres – Three time award winning Author



No comments:

Post a Comment