Tuesday, May 14, 2013

OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM HAS FAILED US.




OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM HAS FAILED US

I sit here today with a heavy heart.  It amazes me how the system continues to fail so many sisters, brothers and our babies.  My respect and compassion go out to our sister Aida Guzman.  Many would rather blame, shame and guilt her because she was at a Puerto Rican Festival for her people.  So many continue to, make excuses for this horrible man, (Lt. Josey.) 

Lt. Josey will get his job back, just like so many who have abused their power, as a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.  Allow me to make myself clear, we may be ignored but…we will not keep silent.  I personally will continue forward, the abuse Aida Guzman suffered is far from over, for so many others.  There is a sister or brother who will fall victim of abuse by police. 

We must do our very best to help and support any victim of any abuse!

It does not matter to me what, our courts, judges, district attorneys, prosecutors say….The truth is as clear as day.  You will never convince me and so many more how much you have failed us.

Keep your head up high my brothers and sisters.  We must stand together for JUSTICE.

Rosaura Torres
Survivor/Author/Activist




No comments:

Post a Comment