Friday, July 11, 2014

RELEASED FROM MY CHAINS

RELEASE FROM MY CHAINS

For years I have called and written our US JUSTICE DEPARTMENT.  For years our cry's and there are many begging for help has been ignored.

Yesterday evening from the hours of 6-8 at City Hall in Philadelphia, PA, many families came together to speak out and share their stories of their loved ones being killed by a Philadelphia Police Officer.  Yes the majority were African American’s and a few Latino’s decent amazing people.

I was given the opportunity by Mathew Smith, to speak as a survivor of Officer Involved Domestic Violence.  Yes I shared my story to the US JUSTICE DEPARTMENT, how many high ranking officers knew of the abuse I suffered, how I looked for help to city council, and yes the mayor at the time, how many knew what my ex-husband Keith R. Sadler did to me and it went on deaf ears.
 
Just sitting and watching the look on their faces, knowing that they are hearing me and maybe a bit late but…They heard me. 

I felt I was released from my chains, I do not have to whisper.   Or gather my strength when
being attacked but…free to speak out.

Thank you all.


Rosaura Torres - Author

No comments:

Post a Comment