Friday, September 13, 2013

CONTINUE THE FIGHT FOR ALL VICTIMS/SURVIVORS OIDV AND DV



September 27, 2002 was the day that will live with me always. In April 2012, the jury would not hold Retired Pennsylvania State Trooper Anthony Suber liable for my injuries. 

Another year has come and gone.  Every day I think of the victims who do not survive abuse by a Police Officers, State Trooper, Sheriff, Politician, Lawyer, Doctor, Judge and we must not forget the Powerful men and women, who hold high position within many communities. 

Do we think of those who have survived, many suffer from heart disease, hyper tension (High Blood Pressure), diabetes, arthritis, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.




Many still live in fear, many people ask why?  Imagine being threaten and your abuser saying to you, “no one will listen to you.”  Then realizing they are right, those who were supposed to protect you ignored your cries for help.

Coming to the reality that my cries went on death ears, I decided to write and publish my story of abuse by a Philadelphia Chief Inspector (Keith Sadler) and a Pennsylvania State Trooper (Anthony Suber).  Abuse Hidden Behind The Badge.

Until our Court System stops protecting these horrible abusive men and women, each year of my anniversary of the horrible abuse from these powerful men who, caused me retinal detachment, I will remind them, you did not break me, I survived.  I am a warrior for all victims and survivors of Domestic Violence and Officer Involved Domestic Violence.

Be blessed,

Rosaura Torres Three Time Award Winning Author.





No comments:

Post a Comment